TOWN OF EASTOVER
Contact: Charles McLaurin, Heritage Day Committee Chairman
POSTED: 15:55 EST Apr 14, 2011 / UPDATED: 15:25 EST Jun 11, 2011
Eastover Heritage Day 2011: Bigger and Better
Come join the fun!
The Eastover Civic Club proudly announces the Seventh Annual Eastover Heritage Day. The event will be held on Saturday May 7, 2011 at the Eastover Community Center, 4008 School Road, from 10am-4pm. Visitors will experience a touch of hometown Americana.
- Opening Ceremony at 10am
- Family friendly homegrown musical performances by local church groups (Salem, Lebanon, and Gardnerís Chapel AME Zion); the Cape Fear High School Stage Band; and Eastover-based bluegrass, gospel, and country groups
- A Car Display
- More than 50 Crafts Vendors
- Childrenís Activities
- BBQ plates, hot dogs, funnel cakes, ice creams,
- Bake Sale featuring the pies and cakes of Eastoverís best bakers
- Heritage Exhibits featuring a Heritage Farm Equipment Exhibit
And Much, Much More!
The event is made possible by numerous generous community sponsors who will be recognized throughout the day.
Join us for wholesome down-home fun Saturday May 7, 2011. Visitors are encouraged to bring their lawn chairs and stay awhile. Admission and parking are free. Parking is available at Salem Methodist Church on Middle Road, adjacent to the Community Center, as well as Armstrong School.